Avocent HMXMGR Management Appliance
The Avocent HMX Digital High Performance KVM system is part of the HMX matrix switching solution, an ideal solution for physical separation of computers from users.
- Eliminates Distance Limitations within the LAN - Allows computers and users to be located anywhere on the network
- High-Quality DVI Video and Digital Audio - For intensive graphic and audio applications
- Centralized Management - Via a single console, including access, desktop pooling and reporting
- Centralized, User-Rights Management - HMX system allows user administration and authentication through AD, LDAP, TACACS+, RADIUS, RSA SecureID and NT
- Greater Security - 128bit AES encryption for secure access
- No Dedicated Cabling - Removes the need for dedicated cabling between user and computer
- Digital DVI Video - Up to 1920x1200
- USB Support - USB media and most other USB devices including USB keyboard/mouse as well as vUSB
- Interoperability - Between the HMX extender system and the single- and dual-video, high-resolution products
- CD Audio Central Management - Manage the entire Avocent HMX solution from one central console, including one database to manage user authentication and access.
- Secure Access - 128bit AES encryption on all data passing through the network and authentication guarantee that access to any computing resource is managed securely.
- Ethernet Operation - Allows the computer and user to be located anywhere on the 100 or 1000Mbps network with full routing of data across routers, switches and subnets.
- Full Hardware Solution - No software or drivers required. Provides access to all computer peripheral ports regardless ofthe state of the OS or BIOS.
- Upgradeable - The Avocent HMX system has an embedded Linux OS and is fully upgradeable to allow for future feature enhancements.